What is the history of Karakul (Karagül) Sheep?Turkey in Karakul (Karakul) farming, sheep brought from Russia 16 coaches and 20 that is based on the 1929.
Small sheep populations similar to Karakul were found in Tokat province in the north of the country and Antalya province in the south long before they were imported from Russia and Afghanistan.
Nutrition and management is similar to that described for White Karaman.
What are the characteristics of Karakul (Karagül) sheep?
- The fur color is black in lambs and dark gray in adult sheep.
- Adults' head, legs, and tail are black.
- The fat tail is narrower and longer than that of White Karaman.
- 70-80 percent of rams have horns.
- Most sheep are polled, but 30-40 percent of sheep may have small horns.
- Wool is coarse.
- The skins of newborn lambs are typical of Karakul lambs, but are only cut for a very small proportion of lambskin.
- An average of 1 lamb is born per lamb, the average lambs are 3.2 kg at birth.
- Karakul Sheep reaches sexual maturity at only 11-18 months.
What is the weight of a mature Karakul (Karagül) sheep?
Karakul (Karagül) ram is between 65-90 kg and an adult sheep is 45-60 kg.
H Cetin KATIRCIOnline Shepherd
- Патологическая физиология голодания Arina TARAN
- Дефицит фосфора (гипофосфатемия) Hipofosfatemi Arina TARAN
- Какие бывают кормораздатчики для ферм КРС? Irina Makarova
- Кормушки для овец Diana Myakisheva
- Питание домашних коз: что едят, виды корма и правила кормления Alina Arslantürk
- Важность минералов питании сельскохозяйственных животных Irina Makarova