Rideau Arcott Sheep
What is the history of Rideau Arcott Sheep?
Rideau Arcott Sheep established at the Animal Research Centre in Ottawa and delivered by hysterectomy, in 1980. The goal when creating the Rideau Arcott was to create a breed of sheep that produced multiple offspring rapidly.
The Rideau is selected for multiple births they typically produce twins or triplets, high fertility, milk production and growth rate.
What are the characteristics of Rideau Arcott Sheep?
They are tall, medium weight sheep with a clean face and legs which are usually white, bronze or mottled. The wool is of medium quality, and the carcass quality is better than average.
Rideau Arcott breed is naturally very fertile, reaching sexual maturity before 7 months of age.
Rideau genetics are ideal for inclusion in crossbred ewes because of their strong maternal traits. They have been crossed successfully with most popular breeds.
They are capable of yielding between 100 and 200 litres in a lactation. Rideau Arcott ewes have a lambing rate of 180 percent and produce 40 percent twins and 50 percent triplets.
What is the weight of mature Rideau Arcott Sheep?
Rideau Arcott ram is in the range of 100–120 kg and a mature Rideau Arcott ewe 80 –90 kg.
Picture: Hazel Hill Farm - Canada
H Cetin KATIRCIOnline Shepherd
- Патологическая физиология голодания Arina TARAN
- Дефицит фосфора (гипофосфатемия) Hipofosfatemi Arina TARAN
- Какие бывают кормораздатчики для ферм КРС? Irina Makarova
- Кормушки для овец Diana Myakisheva
- Питание домашних коз: что едят, виды корма и правила кормления Alina Arslantürk
- Важность минералов питании сельскохозяйственных животных Irina Makarova