What is the history of Skudde Sheep?The Skudde is a nordic, short-tailed heather sheep from Estonia, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, and Switzerland.
What are the characteristics of Skudde Sheep?
- The most noticeable feature of the Skudde buck is the imposing snail horn.
- The ewes are hornless or carry horn stumps.
- The animals are slender.
- The wool mixture typical of this breed consists of fine wool fibers, dispersed with short hairs and course cover hair.
- The colors are white, brown, black and gray. White Skuddes have nowadays small pigment spots on the head.
- Lambs have a rust-colored marking in the nape of the neck and on the legs. This coloring disappears in adults.
- The Skuddes raised for landscape grazing, felting, meat.
- They are suited for pasturing more barren areas.
- Skuddes come into heat a seasonally.
- Lambs are born at any time of the year, three lambing are possible in two years.
What is the weight of mature Skudde Sheep?
Skudde ram is in the range of 40–50 kg and a mature ewe 30–40 kg.
H Cetin KATIRCIOnline Shepherd
- Патологическая физиология голодания Arina TARAN
- Дефицит фосфора (гипофосфатемия) Hipofosfatemi Arina TARAN
- Какие бывают кормораздатчики для ферм КРС? Irina Makarova
- Кормушки для овец Diana Myakisheva
- Питание домашних коз: что едят, виды корма и правила кормления Alina Arslantürk
- Важность минералов питании сельскохозяйственных животных Irina Makarova
Use of the information/advice in this guide is at your own risk. The Farmow and its employees do not warrant or make any representation regarding the use, or results of the use, of the information contained herein as regards to its correctness, accuracy, reliability, currency or otherwise. The entire risk of the implementation of the information/ advice which has been provided to you is assumed by you. All liability or responsibility to any person using the information/advice is expressly disclaimed by the Farmow and its employees.